Key Takeaways in this Situation
Amidst the crisis, with everyone following strict norms of Lock down during COVID-19 situation, here is my few takeaways on this phase :
- Going forward, everyone will start to appreciate the things that were taken for granted, for e.g the public event that you always thought to be insignificant and would skip every year, let it be a friends get-together, a family function or travel to a nearby destination etc. The importance of social events is being realized in this period where we are locked inside our home or society and in the future lets hope, when situation is back to normal, everyone realizes the importance of these activities and of course, conduct themselves with utmost hygiene and self-care as well.
- In the coming months, the workforce culture is about to transform in large magnitude.Earlier, work from home was opted as an optional privilege given to employees with limited count in a particular week or a month.Post this crisis, employers or companies are forced to adapt this culture and may have to shift a portion of their workforce to work from home depending upon the team feasibility and productivity levels.This way, through remote culture, it gives flexibility to both employees as well as employers.On one hand, employees who spend significant time of their day commuting can save the time and employers, by moving a portion of their org to work remotely, can save costs and resources spent to maintain office spaces.
- With impending global recession, as a follow-up of COVID-19 cause, people will spend more time in upgrading their skill-set, irrespective of any domain they are present in.Hence, online teaching platforms or MOOC’s will be leveraged like never before.I can already see colleagues or friends completing certifications in their respective domains.Consequently, the best time to be, if you are the founder of any online open course platform and also right time to pull in more teachers who are ready to provide virtual sessions on the subjects of their expertise.
- Industries that are closely linked to supply chain operations like E-commerce, large Shipping companies, postal services and Travel industry are now made to rethink on their approach to conduct business operations.In the near future, it will be of no surprise if these conglomerates boost technological innovations and adapt them in their business processes. No-Touch check-ins in hotel rooms, drone delivery of packages to customers, and several other innovations in the hygiene front as well will be adapted by the industries.
- Online Gaming and game streaming on YouTube has already taken considerable incline.With more people spending time at home, the idle time spent in online gaming has increased traffic on these platforms. You tubers, with gaining subscribers,have raised significant money on the funding to fight the crisis through live stream of gaming and if one understands well the nuances in this particular field, it has a lot of potential to be one of the top industries in future.
- With a massive surge in the use of video calling applications, be it for the personal or for the corporate usage,the technological giants who were behind in this particular feature are now forced to build the product to support this.Video conferencing applications with proper credibility are a must for any corporate giants and it is upto these apps like Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Zoom conferencing and Cisco Webex to provide uninterrupted and seamless services to their customers.The one who wins the trust of their customers in this crucial phase is the one who leads the way in the coming future as well.
- Finally, in the near future, more and more people will try learn home-workout techniques. Those who are already working in the health and nutrition industry would be in demand as health consultants, to guide their clients the right way in terms of home exercises and nutritional food recipes.After all, we all crave for the tasty food and now with inclusion of health benefits and good nutrition as well.
Think different, as always ;)